A good ‘after the game’ dish!
Whether you’re rooting for the Amarillo High Sandies or the Randall High Raiders, tailgating season is here and that means family, friends, and good food. While we’re all fans of the simplicity of hot dogs and chips, it doesn’t hurt to feast on an indulgent dish after all that cheering and yelling.
A spoonful of this cowboy casserole will get you nice and toasty even as temperatures dip outside. So pop open the oven and get going!
(Recipe from our friend Mark McKay at Happy State Bank)
1 9X13 casserole
1 (16 oz.) package spaghetti
1 onion (chopped)
1 ½ pound cooked ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
2-3 tablespoon butter
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash garlic powder
Dash chili powder
Dash Lawry’s salt (if desired)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti as directed on the package. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat and sauté the onions.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a 9X13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the casserole bubbles and the cheese is melted.
We hope ya’ll enjoy your casseroles! Remember to drive safely during this busy football season. Be on the lookout for pedestrians crossing streets and darting between cars.
Visit our website or stop by our shop to make sure your car is ready for all the driving ahead!